What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a minimally invasive technique that consists in the topical application of a product with specific properties through a large number of micro-channels made with microneedles that reach a previously defined depth according to each case.
Who is the microneedling treatment for?
The microneedling treatment is aimed at those people who want:
• Improve the firmness, tone and texture of the skin.
• Decrease wrinkles, expression lines and hyperpigmentation.
• Improve acne scars.
How does the microneedling treatment work?
• The micro-injuries produced by the microneedles activate the healing and healing process of the skin without causing any real damage, thus stimulating a greater production of collagen and elasticity. By inducing the healing process in a controlled manner without a wound, a renewal of the skin is achieved. The micro-punctures, in addition, produce a micro-bleeding, with the consequent mobilization of platelets and the release of growth factors that complement the action.
• Products that are introduced into the skin through microneedling can be adapted according to individual needs, thus attacking each specific root problem. The perforations or microchannels allow a better entry and a greater penetration of the products in the inner layers of the skin.
How is microneedling applied?
Microneedling requires a relatively simple procedure and, if well tolerated, represents minimal or no discomfort for the patient.
After cleaning and preparation of the skin, multiple micropunctions (and microchannels) are performed, from 0.5 to 2.5 mm deep, depending on the area of skin to be treated and the type of aesthetic disease to be solved.
What is the best tool for microneedling treatment?
This auto derma needle stamp uses multiple needles that vertically pierce the skin, which enhances rejuvenation and is safe for users, because there is less epidermal damage. The automatic vibrating function increases the effectiveness of treatment by increasing absorption of products, while reducing pain and discomfort.
Learn more about Dr. Pen Ultima A6 HERE
How often should microneedling be re-applied?
To obtain optimal results, 3 to 5 sessions of microneedling are usually necessary, with intervals of 7-15 days between sessions.
What benefits does the microneedling treatment offer?
• Improves the texture of the skin, reducing the appearance of pores and thickening the dermis.
• Reduces fine and moderate wrinkles thanks to the stimulation of collagen and elastin.
• Reduces scars due to acne, chicken pox, etc., by activating the natural regeneration processes of the skin.
What side effects can microneedling have?
Local reactions: redness and local inflammation, which disappear in 12-24 h. A small ecchymosis may appear, which should disappear in 24-72 h.
Infrequent reactions: allergic reactions to the product, infections of the treated area, excess reactivation, hyperpigmentation and alteration of skin color.
What instructions should be followed after the microneedling treatment?
• Avoid going to damp places
• Avoid exposing yourself directly to the sun
• Avoid undergoing extreme temperatures
• Avoid getting your skin wet in the 2 hours following the session (saunas, gyms, beach, swimming pools, etc.)
What contradictions does the microneedling treatment have?
The application of the treatment is not recommended in case of:
• Pregnant or lactating patients
• Herpes history (prophylaxis is required 3 days before and 7 days after)
• Solar exposition
• Allergy to some type of infiltrated substance
• Allergy or sensitivity to anesthesia
• Hemorrhagic diseases
• Decompensated or untreated diabetes